Creatives Get Cooperative
Vivid Ideas 2017
Seminar and Workshop
Vivid Sydney is a festival of light, music and ideas. As part of the Vivid 2017, Creatives Get Cooperative was a two part ideas event with a seminar on Sunday 4 June and a workshop on 5 June.
Inspired by an interactive panel of experts, the two events discussed the challenge of “language, ownership, structure and sharing for creatives in the new economy”.
- Joshua Vial: Catalyst and co-founder of Enspiral global network of entrepreneurs and start-ups
- Prof Ghil’ad Zuckerman: Chair of Linguistics and Endangered Languages at the University of Adelaide
- Dr Natalia Nikalova: Snr Lecturer & Researcher – Transdisciplinary Innovation organisational & management practices, strategy and innovation University of Technology Sydney
- Jess Scully: Curator, policy thinker, festival director, media producer and former Vivid Ideas Curator and current Councillor for the City of Sydney, Jess is passionate about using creativity to inspire social change
- Claire Marshall: Film maker & award-winning creative and experienced speaker & facilitator incl conferences such as Ouishare (Paris), Re:publica (Berlin) and Disrupt (Sydney)
- Peter Tregilgas: Director of the original arts disrupter the Adelaide Fringe, curator and producer for the definitive publications “Social Enterprise in Australia” and “Cooperatives in Australia”.
The seminar was to have included edited video statements by the founder of P2P Commons Michel Bauwens Europe and extracts of the keynote speaker for the Creatives Get Mutual Seminar – Vivid Ideas 2016, Janelle Orsi, the Co-founder of the Sustainable Economic Law Center (San Francisco). Due to technical issues, the videos were not able to be presented on the day but are available on our Creatives Get Cooperative Video Page.
Also available on the video page is the seminar video (prepared by Films4Change) and the full video of the seminar Creatives Get Mutual – Vivid Ideas 2016.